Antaeus Tax & Business Services, LLC is seeking a motivated Tax Associate who is knowledgeable and well versed in preparing taxes for corporations, partnerships/LLC, including bookkeeping. The ideal candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented self-starter that has excellent communication and follow-up skills.
· Prepare simple to complex corporate tax returns for small businesses.
· Prepare and submit annual Form 1099s.
· Analysis of general ledger accounts and reconciliation of bank accounts, with appropriate client communication and action to resolve outstanding issues and items.
· Play an integral part in year-end close by evaluating and preparing required journal entries to get clients’ books and records ready for income tax preparation.
· Excel spreadsheet analysis for various projects and processes.
· Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks may be required from time to time.
· A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in accounting is required.
· A minimum of 3-4 years' preparing corporate tax returns.
· A minimum of 3-4 years' experience in bookkeeping.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Skilled in use of MS Word, Microsoft Office, Excel, and QuickBooks.
· Skilled in the use of a tax software; Lacerte is a plus but not required.
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
· Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize projects and be deadline oriented.
· Excellent work habits.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour